Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hello

So I've been thinking about blogging again. In the past, my blogging endeavors have started strong, but lost steam, and mostly focused on things like Russian Literature. I'm going to try to take a more sustainable pace and also have multiple blogs for various topics. This first one will deal with Software Engineering, Development, etc. with a focus on learning. This will include book reviews, online content reviews, random technical opinions, and so on.

Professionally, I am a software developer with a background in Microsoft Technologies. For the past 6 years I've mostly focused on Windows Forms client server development in C#, but lately I've shifted focus towards the web. Since graduate school, I've had an on again off again interest in programming language theory and artificial intelligence. So, my topics of learning for this blog will include, but won't be limited to:

  • Functional Programming
  • The Microsoft Web stack, .NET, and C#
  • JavaScript and cognate subjects
  • Learning Programming Languages: particularly Python, Scala, and Clojure
  • Cloud-hosted web applications
  • Service Oriented Architecture
  • Massive Open Online Courses
  • Learning to Learn
That's a lot of subjects, so it'll be interesting to see how all this goes. I'll try to post approximately once per week.




No comments:

Post a Comment